
I know you can't tell in this picture, but her mouth is totally full of dirt. I didn't know it until she started spitting a bunch of it out. She's eaten dirt before but this time it was A LOT, she was gagging and coughing and I thought she was going to throw up. But thankfully she spit most of it out and I wiped her tongue/mouth and gave her a drink and she was on her way again.

This is my garden. This year I was able to double it since we moved to a bigger place. I decided to try a few new things, so in it I have; green beans, peas, lettuce, kohlrabi, potatoes, cabbage, peppers, tomatoes, onions, and rhubarb.

This is the lettuce. Most of the time I don't like garden lettuce, but this year I evidently got a different kind because I like it. Unfortunately, I don't remember what kind it is. Any suggestions for a really good variety?

I also decided to put in petunias to spruce the garden up a little, and they are really doing good.

My brother's gave me a hibiscus tree for my birthday and the other day I was picking the dead blooms off of it and found a little nest. The bird is in there almost all day sitting on her eggs, but when we walk up she flies to the tree right above the nest and watches us. I am so excited to be able to see the little birds hatch and grow up.
2 comments:
such cute little eggs. The whole human pregnancy thing stinks. I would much rather lay cute little eggs.
:)
Janel,
Your garden is beautiful! Very impressive. Hope you guys like veggies! :)
Post a Comment