Yesterday, mom, grandma, Brent, Shane, and Blare helped me do corn. There was A LOT of corn and I was able to get 45 pint bags for myself, and 30 for Rex.

Madison loves corn on the cob. She ate 1 1/2 ears RAW...I think it looks disgusting, but she kept coming back for more. I'd hate to think what her diapers are going to be like today!!!


The beginning of the mess!

We cook all of the corn outside in a big turkey cooker, then to cool it off, we fill two coolers with cold well water and alternate them back and forth. We then have a long table set up with trays and knives, and bowls and cut it off and bag it all outside. It's great to be able to just use the water hose to clean everything up, and my house is still clean in the end. (actually it was still messy, but at least the corn didn't add to the mess!!) Anyway, this explains the picture, Madison found the hose when we were done cleaning up and she played with for at least 15 minutes. After a while she discovered that she could drink out of the hose. We had such a fun day!!
5 comments:
How fun! I've had so much sweet corn this year! So yummy!
Janel,
That looks like sooo much fun! I love doing that kinda of stuff with family...it sure makes it go faster! Great work...I bet you were tired :)
Looks like lots of fun--I love frozen sweet corn:)
Hey, can you believe that I'm finally getting to type a response without getting frustrated!!! I enjoyed our day working together yesterday too ~ many hands make light work. Enjoy your week!
Love you guys ~ Mom
ohhh...fun stuff! i used to drink out of the hose and i still do! it's cold and refreshing no matter what time of day!! sounds like a blast!
whittney stickling
Post a Comment