Friday, December 12, 2008

Well...It's that time of year again! My poor kitchen hasn't had a break since December 1st and probably won't until January 1st. I've been making caramels for 5 years and every year I think I might get an earlier start making them and I think every year it actually gets a little later. As long as the orders get filled by the time people want them...I don't really care when they get done. Also, I've decided to make a box of goodies for our neighbors this year so I got started on that last week. I still don't know what all is going to go in the boxes...but I got a little start. Hopefully next week I'll get the rest of my candy made. Until then...here are a few pics of some of the goodies...
Puppy Chow
Monster Cookies
Seven Layer Bars
Caramels
The finished product.
So far this year I have orders for approx. 90 bags and I think I only have about 20 to go. If anyone needs any last minute Christmas gifts...let me know! They are $5/bag.

Also...Thanks to all of you that have placed orders over the past years!! I really appreciate your business!

3 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I was planning on emailing you, but haven't got around to it. So, I'll just say it on a public blog (are you nervous?):

JANEL'S CARAMELS ARE AWESOME!!!!

Oh my, you know those bags I bought from you the other night that I was planning on GIVING away or taking to family things? Uh, yeah...I just HAD to open 1 bag...for us. When I took my first bite, Klint could immediately tell something was up and asked if they were better than my Grandma's caramels. I said, "Oh, I can't betray my Grandma, but YES they are!!" They were so, so good (as if you haven't already got that point)!!

To Janel's blog readers: Call NOW and order some of her carmels...you won't regret it!!

Thanks a lot, Janel, for helping me out with my diet...hahaha

Jenna said...

I think I'm gaining weight just thinking about it. yum!

Anonymous said...

oh, janel. you are amazing. too bad you aren't my neighbor anymore. we always loved getting all of your "flops" [which weren't flops at all :)]. wow, that was a loooong time ago! i might have to sneak over sometime and sneak a few caramels :) love ya!