Ok...someone convinced me to blog about this little incident that happened last Sunday after church...so here we go!
Blare was home sick, so I had Madison in church by myself (thank you mom and dad for taking her during the services!!) Anyways, I was getting her into her car seat after church and I had the keys in my hand and set them down by her seat and I heard it lock, but thought, I always let set the keys down there and don't forget them, so I didn't worry about unlocking it! Well I think I must have been a little stressed because I shut the door and walked around to the drivers side and it was locked and I didn't have the keys! So I walked back around to the passenger side thinking that I could get in through Madison's door since I had just closed it...I couldn't. It was locked too:)
I frantically walked back into church knowing that my mom and dad were still there. As soon as I walked through the doors I ran into my grandpa and grandma and asked them to go and stand by the van so Madison wouldn't be so scared. I locked my phone in the van along with Madison so I went to the phone in church and called Blare (almost in tears at this point) and asked him if he knew where the extra set of keys were. Thankfully he had just seen them the day before and was able to come right away! I found mom and dad and we all went out with Madison to wait. She did fairly well, but I think she was a little confused why everyone was standing around her, but Blare came soon and we were on our way! When I got in the van she was crying, "daddy, daddy, daddy" I think she might have been a little ticked at me. Thankfully there were only a few tears shed on Madison's and my part, and we both went home and had a nice long nap:) I hope that this doesn't EVER happen again, but at least now I can laugh about it!
🪁 Ending of an Era....
2 years ago
5 comments:
yay! you blogged about it! thought i would quick get on and see if you had updated yet before i have to go spend the rest of my relaxing evening studying...yuck. i'm ready to be DONE! anyways, this is definitely a story to keep. i know it wasn't funny at the time, but sorry janel, i don't think anyone (anyone pretty much referring to your dad and keith) will ever let you forget the time you locked your daughter in the van at church :) i'm not sure which is worse...swallowing a veil pin or locking madison in the van??? :)
You told the story pretty good Janel ~ thankfully little girls Madison's age forgive easily. As far as Alyssa's comment on which is worse ~ a veil pin or locking your daughter in the van ~ I know which one costs more money:)
Love you, MOM
guess what? one time, late at night, (a cold, cold night), i frantically called my dad because i had locked the keys in my car. he got out of bed and rushed with the spare set. when he unlocked the car for me, i jumped in. i started looking around in the car for the keys but couldn't find them anywhere. finally i looked in my purse, and wouldn't you know it? they had been in my purse (on my arm) the whole time! i didn't tell my dad until i was sure he could laugh about it!! i guess it happens to us all:D
Sarah Q
oh, sarah! i'm sure your dad got a good laugh about it. that reminds me of the time i locked my keys in my car in bluffton (late at night, just after i had gotten my license) and my dad had to run me in a spare set. much to our surprise the spare set wouldn't work! talk about being frustrated. after another trip home and about 20 minutes of digging through some of my other purses we found the right key...now i only use one purse. we laugh about it now!
I'm just waiting for that to happen to me. With all these new fancy dancy features, you never know what will happen!
Post a Comment