Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall

I love living in Indiana. The weather is never boring, we get to experience cold and warm all in the same day, and we also get the best season of all...Fall. I think you can tell that I love fall!! This is a list of some of my favorite fall things...
~Outdoor Decorations
~Riding in the combine and eating grandpa's apples (my grandpa Fiechter almost always has a bag of apples in the combine with him)
~Soup
~Sweatshirts
~Tractor rides with Blare
~Hot Apple Cider
~Bonfires
~Cold nights with the windows open and hearing the bin fans (when I was growing up, my bedroom window was close to the dryer and bins, so a lot of times I would fall asleep to the sound of the dryer running. But when we moved to town, I missed it so much, and now I finally get to hear it again!!)
~Apple Dumplings
~Making apple cider (my family does this every year)
~I think I could go on and on...but I won't bore you to death. Instead, I'll just share a few pictures of these fun Fall activities:


Outdoor decorationsMaking Cider
Riding with Daddy in the tractorTaco Soup
CombinesApples
And just a random picture of Madison to make you smile. I think I might need to buy her smaller pants.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

very cute! i love your decorations! they look great! and i agree with a lot of your list, minus the farm stuff--i'm a little more of a city girl:) But i'm with you on the cider and hoodies!!

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree!!! Fall is my favorite time of the year too. Summer is great but it's pretty hard to beat harvest time! Nice pics...I like the one of Madison in the tractor! She will grow up to be a true farm girl. :) Talk to you later!

love, alyssa

Anonymous said...

HI,
Janel, I think you missed your calling, honestly your pictures could be taken by professionals. The pictures of the fall decorations and the apples hanging on the trees are amazing. The one of the apples looks like something that I would see in one of my tree id books. The picture of the soup definitely could be put in better homes and gardens magazine or something along that line. I am impressed. With fall also being my favorite time also you missed one important thing, deer season. I don't know how you could have forgotten that one. ha ha ha.
Tyler

Anonymous said...

This is the one topic that can make me come out of hiding and write a comment!! You just hit my one major homesickness time of the year. 2 years ago I was so homesick for an Indiana fall that I didn't think I would make it... but then one of our friends had a bonfire and it got me through. :-) I don't have many "favorites" (just ask Barry) but an Indiana fall is one of the best times of the year!!
Thanks for your blog, Janel! I love it! :-)

Myra

Janel said...

WOW Thanks for commenting Myra!! I'm glad you get to come home and enjoy some Indiana Fall in a few weeks. We're looking forward to seeing you. I was showing Madison pictures of you guys and she can say "Myra" and "Kat," now we'll just have to see if she remembers in a few weeks!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great post, Janel! Love the pictures.

That Taco Soup is making me soooo hungry!

I'm with you and Rache, love those hoodies...I try to bring them out too early and end up hot :)

Jenna said...

I LOVE FALL!
great pictures by the way, I love the apples (1pt) and the soup (2pts)... hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Janel~
The pic of Madison in the tractor looks like your cousin Jessica B. I agree, there is something special about fall time. But then I can feel that way about each season when it comes.
Teresa

sarah.flyingkites said...

Janel,
TAG! You're It! (Check out my blog for details)