

I'm a little bit embarrassed to post this considering the fact that it's been almost a month ago that it happened, but for my memories...I will. The night the ice storm hit we were asleep and all of a sudden I heard this huge crash and I thought for sure that a tree had gone through the house somewhere. I got up and looked around and thankfully nothing happened to the house. When it was light enough to see what was going on... we discovered a HUGE branch had fallen and taken down a power line that was anchored to the house. We didn't lose power (except when the guy was fixing it) but we sure had a BIG mess. Blare and Travis cleaned up the big stuff, but they decided to wait on all the small things for a warmer day. I think it was a few days after Christmas we had a 60 degree day, so I bundled Madison up and she went outside with her little rake and helped Blare clean up. She had a blast playing in the mud and with her rake.


Also before Christmas...we moved Madison to her "big girl bed." I had noticed that she when she would wake up in the morning she would still be covered up and in the same position as when she fell asleep, so I thought why not give the toddler bed a try? When we told her that she got to sleep in her "big girl bed" she got sooooo excited. We moved all her stuffed animals and blankets and babies, and anything else she thought she needed into the bed and she eagerly climbed in. We haven't had a single problem with her sleeping in it. I was a little concerned about her climbing out, but she likes it, and hasn't so far (except for the time that we checked on her and she was sound asleep in the middle of her bedroom floor. But by the time I heard her talking and ready to get up, she was already back in bed...we may have a sleep walker on our hands!?!)
2 comments:
What a sweetie!
She looks a lot like you in that first bed picture!
Janel, She is so sweet! I don't think you could fit another stuffed animal friend in the bed though!
Post a Comment