Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Group Camp

For the past 11 years we have gone to the Group Camp at Pokagon State Park. Usually there are around 12 families that go and we stay in very primitive cabins. There is a big kitchen/living area and campground bathrooms. We usually go on Friday and stay through Monday, and the days are totally packed. Instead of boring you to death with descriptions of the whole weekend, I'll just use lots of pictures!!

IMG_0778

Quite the intimidating site driving down the road...and this is just a few of the "kids"

IMG_0783

We went to the Nature Center and Madison wasn't to sure about the turtle.

IMG_0791

Alyssa and I have been friends for about as long as I can remember!! This year she was in a wedding and had to leave on Saturday...the weekend was not the same with out her.

IMG_0804

The boys buried Madison in the sand and she loved it!!!

IMG_0848

Every year we have a skit night, where anyone who wants to can do skit. This year Marcia had a game for a few of the parents. She gave them ingredients to make lemonade, but they had to do it in the order she said. The had to eat 2 packets of sugar, eat a whole lemon and then drink a full glass of water. The results were hilarious!!!!

IMG_0858

On Sunday after church we had cardboard boat races. Each team had some duct tape, cardboard, and plastic. The rule was that you had to have a theme and dress according to the theme. Then we took them out the lake and raced them the the rope and back. This is the first team...The Vikings.

IMG_0862

Noah's Ark

IMG_0863

Rub-a-dub-tub...The winners!!!!

IMG_0891

Mom and dad helped with the winning boat, and these beautiful lips were the prize!! Sorry mom and dad, I couldn't resist.

IMG_0906

Travis, Tyler, and Lyndon went goose hunting on Monday morning and came back with 6 geese. Yuck!!!

We had such a great time this year, and we can't wait for next year!!!! (Thanks Pam for the tip!! I finally got more than 5 pictures posted at once!)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janel,

Wow it looks like you had a lot of fun on the days i wasn't there!!! It's too bad i wasn't there to enjoy it too. But anyways it was great being there for a couple days. Hopefully i'll see you guys sometime soon.

Love,
Brent

Anonymous said...

Hey Janel,

Oh, good old Group Camp! :) I wish I could have been there the whole time...but the wedding was good and I'm glad I could at least go for a couple days. Next year will be different. The boat races look like a lot of fun. Great themes! Did they all float? Well, thanks alot for all of your hard work today for lunch. It was great. Sorry I couldn't have stuck around longer. Alrighty, have a great evening and I will talk to you this weekend. We ought to hit the Greenway sometime. Love you lots.

mucho loveo,
alyssa

sarah.flyingkites said...

Janel,
All I have to say is this...there is A LOT of creativity going on at that camp. WOW! What fun. Thanks for the pics, I enjoyed them!

Janel said...

Brent & Alyssa-
Thanks guys for your comments!! It's so fun to get a response!! And Sarah...you are so faithful at commenting, and I really appreciate it!!! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Well, here goes. The picture prompted my first comment! Actually, thanks for the memories of a great weekend. We appreciate you guys being there. (especially Madison!)
Just Kidding.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Yes, I made your blog three times, wow. And I am very thank full that your pic of the geese doesn't show my flip flop and sock combo, how embarrassing.
Tyler