Ok...so you have to ignore the quality of the picture, and the ability of the photographer. It just isn't a gift:) But I can show off all that I've been doing this summer. Obviously it has something to do with food, and anyone who knows me knows that I love to cook (and eat) food:) My garden did so well this summer!! I was able to can spaghetti sauce, salsa, stewed tomatoes, and pizza sauce from my tomato plants. I had a few rows of green beans, and got a ton of cans. Blare has a gourd/pumpkin patch at the farm and this year we grew pie pumpkins, so I got 18 pints of pumpkin (from 1 pumpkin...it was huge!!). I was also able to freeze corn, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, black raspberry jelly, strawberry jam, and applesauce. (I didn't grow all of that!!) And a few more things that are on the shelves from last year include red beets, grape juice, tomato vegetable juice, and peach jam. I'm pretty sure that we won't go hungry this winter...I forgot about the big box of potatoes and onions from the garden, so if anyone needs anything...let me know, I would love to share!!
🪁 Ending of an Era....
2 years ago
11 comments:
Janel, Janel, Janel...
You put me to SHAME! Oh my...I'm not going to tell you what I have canned this year. Okay, I guess I'll tell you....NOTHING!! I better not let Klint read this post or he'll be paying lot's of visits to your house this winter around supper-time! :)
You not only enjoy making food, but it is your gift. You are great in the kitchen! Keep up the work!
(Love the pic!)
Wow!!! I knew you were doing some canning but that's a lot more than i realized. And 18 pints from one pumpking...that must've been a huge pumpkin. I'll be home this weekend. Can't wait to see you guys.
Love,
Brent
I am in shock, will someone pinch me?
Janel has updated again, wow, wow, wow. All of the food is amazing also though. I think you know some poor college fellows who could always use a little food. wink wink.
Tyler
Janel, all I can say is WOW!!! I would not have the first clue how to ever can ANYTHING! Food is most definitely NOT my gift:) Oh well!
Oh Tyler...you act like I never update this thing! Well, maybe I don't:) Thanks for all the comments!!
That is a pantry. It looks Y2K ready:)
Jamie...Blare read your comment and said, "wow that's embarrassing!!" He thinks that I go a little overboard sometimes, but I love doing it and it's not because I'm scared we're going to run out of food:) I just really enjoy the kitchen!!
You know it's funy, just the other day Brent was working in the kitchen and said how he forgot how working in the kitchen made him feel so happy. He says he just loves it, this just might be coincidence but you two just might be related. Maybe.
Tyler
I'm so jealous. Im sure even June Cleaver would be green with envy. :) I love the colors. I would love to come out and photograph it (would make a great picture to hang in your kitchen.. :)
Oh and you should check out this blog:
http://www.youcancan.blogspot.com/
Well Janel, you definitely put me to shame, but that's OK ~ you and Brent got the chef's talents ~ just not from me! I'm looking forward to the many lunches you're going to feed me this winter!!!
Love ya,
Mom
Janel, YOU DON'T NEED PICTURES TO PLAY!! That is a great one! Although, I would guess that that would fall in the "I really highly doubt I will ever, ever miss moment" Catagory!! Those work too!! Thanks for commenting!
Post a Comment