Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tag....I'm it

Well... in all of my blog snooping days I've seen many people who've been "tagged" and I always thought...I really, really, REALLY hope that I NEVER get tagged. But what did I find in my comments this morning but Sarah saying..."you've been tagged" UGHHHHH. So I guess I'll be a good sport and name my 7 random or interesting facts about myself. Most of you already know these things but I guess it will be a fun reminder. Here goes...

1. I'm not shy. I LOVE to meet new people and get to know them better.

2. When I was 15 I swallowed a veil pin. I had it in my mouth and laughed and oops, down it went. I went to the ER and they tried to get it out, but couldn't, so...it had to come out naturally, which I won't go into details describing:)

3. I very much dislike cleaning out the dishwasher. I know I'm weird, but I would rather fill it. I guess I should just be thankful that I have one.

4. I really like to play Frisbee football! This one is really random, but I guess that's the point.

5. I love to host people in our house. Whether overnight, for a campfire, dinner, brunch, ect... you name it I love it!

6. I went snow skiing in Wyoming when I was 7.5 months pregnant with Madison. I know, probably not the smartest thing, but hey how often do you get to go snow skiing in Wyoming?!

7. Every year around Christmas, I make and sell homemade caramels. It all started when a neighbor had a bazaar approx. 5 years ago, and has grown every year since. So, if you need any this Christmas, give me a call...I can deliver:)

There you have it folks...7 random and interesting facts about myself! Now I'm supposed to tag 7 more people, but I don't have any that Sarah and Jenna haven't already tagged, so...sorry I can't do this part:( Have a Fabulous Day!!

11 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Oops...you sure didn't have to feel forced to do this! But thanks anyway.

Fun list! The caramel one really caught my eye. Those are probably one of my favorite Christmas treats. Yum!

The Bean's said...

Dishwasher what is that? Me or my husband? lol
The Veil Pin.. I can't even imagine! OUCH!

Heidi said...

#2????!!!!

All I can say is OUCH!

alyssa said...

I think I knew every single one of those!...well, maybe not the dishwasher one that was pretty random, but I would have to agree. I'd much rather load it. :)

-love, lyss

Janel said...

Joy & Heidi...Thanks for the comments!! I love getting new people commenting!! Alyssa...you might just know me to well?!? Can't I have any secrets:)

Anonymous said...

This post seemed more like an advertisement than random facts to me, but what ever floats your boat. I am laughing inside right now because I just got back from work and have been up for almost four hours already and Brent is still sleeping. ha ha
Anyways,
Tyler

alyssa said...

nope. no secrets.

Casey said...

Hey Janel!
Thought I'd say HI! Your little girl is getting soo big! She's so cute and thanks for the blog, it's great!

Kristen said...

the veil pin story made me laugh. i forgot about that! i'm looking forward to homemade caramels this winter! :)
the new pic of madison is really cute!

Casey said...

Really, the day to day things are quite normal. Okay so we live in a town the size of Bluffton High School (i think), have to watch out for bear and moose when walking, and if there's no lamps out at night...it's black!...but that's beside the point ;) It is quite fun, but finding all these blogs has made me lonesome for the friends I had at home. The people here are great though and we are realizing all the opportunities that are here that are not available in the lower 48. But anyway, have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Well i know this is really late, but i haven't commented on your blog in a while...well all of your pictures of fall make me miss it. Here in lafayette all i can see is the trees changing (which is still AMAZING) but i don't see to decorations, the harvest, apple cider making...well you get the picture. Oh, by the way, i love the picture of madison you have at the top...i'm not sure what it makes her look like but i think it definately reflects her personality.

Love ya,
Brent